Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Party update

Hi there,
looks like we have 15 people or so showing. Only 11 of these actually play soccer but everyone has promised to bring drinks so all can come *tihi*. The climbers in the group may want to know that the gym is only 15 mins from where I live and climbing really brings out the thirst :). The sample jerseys have arrived and are awaiting judgement. I have a little "wrench" to throw in as well just to make it all much more exciting (and no I am not telling). You will have to wait and see!! I am hoping all can make it to the party!

I am very excited about our Spring season and I think we will have an awesome time on and off the field. The planning of HHs and other events will begin as soon as this member of the SC is safely back on American soil. Right now it looks like the American Postal (non-)service has decided to meddle and instead of the normal 3 day crossing of the continent my Approval Notice has jourenyed for no less than 7. Exciting...NOT! I shudder when I think of the time it will take for it to cross not a continent but a large body of water and an entire country or two (albeit small countries...).

One note: I think everyone who has been to the clinics with Washington Freedom will have free entry to their home-games this season. We should use that and sponsor the American Womens Soccer League (and I live about 10 mins from the arena so post-game parties are included in the price as well...).

Later!

2 comments:

climber1 said...

Annika,
I think you should change your blog name to "party animal" since 90% of the postings are parties, HH's, drinking, beer, parties, beer... That's why I like you.

Yes Femmies, shall I suggest to the climbers that we meet up, say, two hours prior to the commencement of the festivities? We can get some good climbing in before heading to Annika's wateringhole.

Anonymous said...

SK's in an IRONMAN hockey tournament Friday night that could go over onto Saturday afternoon, but I'm all for climbing as soon as I can get there. Despite my pathetically disappointing performance last night... Count me in for pre-party dehydration!